Welcome to the 20 September 2022 Bufferstack.IO Super Container OS Release..
This release is basically and updated version of April 2022 release alongwith certain changes in base system.
LXC is no longer provided in this release instead Virtualbox is provided as a container evironment for minikube, Vagrant and Kubernetes.
Docker is not the default container environment for most services – unless explicitely specified by user.
Few tips for new users who will run the live version.
- Please shut down the live cd by using sudo -s and sudo init 0 or sudo poweroff.
- Run portainer by using this command – sudo portainer -d /opt/portainer-2.1.1-linux-amd64/portainer
- Run sudo virtualboxconfig at first boot after installing it on your VM/Bare Machine. Vbox modules will not be available on Xen Kernel.
- The default hostname is super-container-os which can be changed on logging in system using cockpit.
All trademarks mentioned here or in any documentation as acknowledged as property of their respective owners.
Download the iso file from this link – https://sourceforge.net/projects/super-container-os/files/20_Sep_2022/
Hi, I am Harshad Joshi, creator of Bufferstack.IO™ Industrial Computing Platform. Welcome to my place on WWW
- Super Container OS Release Notes 20-09-2022 September 20, 2022Super Container OS Release notes 20-09-2022Harshad Joshi
- IIoT Gateway Release Notes 04-01-2022 January 4, 2022This version contains upgraded nodejs and preinstalled FUXA webhmi. FUXA is a web-based Process Visualization (SCADA/HMI/Dashboard) software. With FUXA you can create modern process visualizations with individual designs for your machines and real-time data display. It supports devices connectivity with Modbus RTU/TCP, Siemens S7 Protocol, OPC-UA, BACnet IP, MQTT, Ethernet/IP (Allen Bradley) It can be […]Harshad Joshi
- IIoT Middleware for Super Container OS May 29, 2021Get your IIoT middleware setup ready in 2 minutes using Super Container OS and this new container Deploy it on your computer by typing $ sudo docker run -it -p 1880:1880 -v node_red_data:/data –name iiot-middleware hj91/nodered:latest –restart always To log in development environment, enter user name as admin and password harshad, and to see the […]Harshad Joshi
- Super Container OS Release Notes 27-04-2021 April 27, 2021It gives me great happiness and joy to release 2021s first Super Container OS update.. Keeping in mind the feedback and suggestions i received in last couple of month, i have updated and upgraded Super Container OS with What’s new? 1. Vagrant is now added for easier setting up of development environment as per user requirement.2. Run […]Harshad Joshi
- IIoT Gateway OS Release Notes 11-11-2020 November 11, 2020November Release comes with new gateway software for sending modbus tcp data to a mqtt broker which then can be aggregated to another cloud based broker. On installation, just run modbus4mqtt on command prompt. the default mapping of modbus registers to MQTT topics is in a simple YAML file is already present in your user […]Harshad Joshi
- Super Container OS Release Notes 26-10-2020 October 29, 2020Super Container OS latest release contains MinIO which is a High Performance Object Storage whose API is compatible with Amazon S3 cloud storage service. MinIO can be used to build high performance infrastructure for machine learning, analytics and application data workloads. I would have prefered users to try it using inbuilt docker engine but due […]Harshad Joshi
- Super Container OS Release Notes 10-10-2020 October 10, 2020Super Container OS Release Notes 10-10-2020Harshad Joshi
- Super Container OS Release Notes 15-08-2020 August 15, 2020RELEASE DEKXTER (Docker, Kubernetes and Xen Hypervisor) RELEASE DATE – 15 AUG 2020, Pune This release contains Kubernetes and Xen Hypervisor for creating cloud clusters. On bare machine installation, it will have two kernels, one with Xen Hypervisor and other normal kernel. This release can be used to create Linux based container clusters and Docker […]Harshad Joshi
- IIoT Gateway Release Notes 11-08-2020 August 11, 2020Changelog OPCUA to influx db data logging module added in /opt Plotly library added in python library Altas Copco Open Protocol for nutrunner communications now supported by Gateway Minor changes to Live boot graphics opcua-commander, an ncurses based opc server browser now included ToDo To check node-red flow deployment failure in live mode Proper documentation […]Harshad Joshi
- Installing os on virtualbox August 5, 2020For some very strange reasons unknown to me, YouTube decided to mark my Super Container OS installation in VirtualBox video as spam and deleted it. Whoa. That was hard. Never mind. To make up for the loss I have uploaded the screencast of Super Container OS to SourceForge, here is the link https://sourceforge.net/projects/iiot-gateway/files/OS_installation_in_virtualbox_howto.webm/download Since it […]Harshad Joshi